[cvsnt] Switch to user failed due to configuration error

Tan Chiew Boon tcb1982 at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 5 09:49:12 GMT 2008

Hi,

I've been looking around but seems that there's no clear solution till date. Really appreciate if I could obtained some help.

This problem only happens on a Windows 2003 Server. I tried on my local machine (Windows XP SP2) and everything works fine.

Scenario:
1. Create a local administrator system account (cvsuser) on my server
2. install CVSNT 2.5.03.2382
3. restart server after installation and set up repository
4. execute the command
   a. set cvsroot=:pserver:localhost:/TestCVS
   b. cvs login
   c. enter password for Logging in to :pserver:cvsuser at localhost:2401:/TestCVS (log in was successful)
   d .cvs passwd -r cvsuser -a testuser
   e. enter the password for testuser.
   f. set cvsroot=:pserver:testuser at localhost:/TestCVS
   g. cvs login
   h. Enter password for testuser.
   i. Gets the following Error

Fatal error, aborting.cvs [login aborted]: cvsuser: Switch to user failed due to configuration error.  Contact your System Administrator.

My CVSNT control panel config:
Run as User : client user
Default Domain: <machine name>

The CVSNT services are running as "Local System" when displayed under the services.

Thanks.

Regards,
Chiew Boon