[cvsnt] cvs init problem

Glen Starrett glen.starrett at march-hare.com
Fri Dec 5 15:39:59 GMT 2008

Hi Tom,

Tom Halliley wrote:
> If I start with an empty repository, I get this:
>
>     bash-3.00$ cvsnt -f  -d `pwd`/CVS_REPO init
>     cvsnt init: Unable to register repository.
>     cvsnt init: Your login may not have sufficient permissions to modify the
>     cvsnt init: global server settings.

That's a warning that you aren't able to modify /etc/cvsnt/PServer with
the registration info for the new repo.  You can run that command as
root (or someone with appropriate permissions), or you can run "cvs ...
init -n" to tell init not to try and register it (then register it
manually later).

Regards,

--
Glen Starrett
Technical Account Manager, North America