[cvsnt] Bugid with commit compared to bugid in edit

news.cvsnt.org brpdrsn at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 8 21:14:09 GMT 2008

Arthur,

>> - is the difference concerning the bugid between commit and edit "as
>> designed" and if so what is the reason for this?

> It's a change set.  A person would typically edit file hello.cpp,
> hello.h and hello.rc as bug 123, and maybe common.h as bug 234, then
> when the boss tells them to 'return all work for project 234' they just
> commit 234 and only common.h is committed.  Alternatively the person
> find that project.rc needs a small change and they just do a quite cvs
> ci -B 999 -m "" project.rc.

Ok, so they can be used both; maybe it should be mentioned in the manual
that
the commit bug-id (-B) will overwrite the edit bug-id (-b).

>> - what is the best solution for checking the bugid before the commit
>> actually is performed.

(in an old message (Xref: news.cvsnt.org support.cvsnt:25296) it was
mentioned:
"Loginfo can get the bugid for each file, and can fail the commit." But as
far as I
know loginfo is after the commit)

> Use the C++ triggers or COM triggers.  The CVS Suite (paid version of
> CVSNT) uses this for the defect trackign integration with
> mantis/bugilla/jira and it does a whote range of pre-commit checks
> including checking if the bug exists, checking if it is assigned to the
> current person committing etc.

Where can I find more information on C++ triggers or better examples of C++
triggers?

Bart

PS: while testing the trigger-files regarding the bugid I found out that the
use of the
premodule and postmodule file/triggers will throw an errormessage if you
don't
define any expansion options and the default expansion options are used:
"Unrecognised expansion 'p' in line 0 of CVSROOT/premodule"