[cvsnt] Core dumps on Solaris 10

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Mon Dec 22 22:21:37 GMT 2008

Tom,

> Looks like we're using the 32-bit version of cvsnt for Solaris 9.
>
>     /usr/local/bin/cvsnt:   ELF 32-bit MSB executable SPARC

Your dump clearly showed the 64 bit version:
> /usr/local/bin/sparcv9/cvsnt -f --allow-root=/export/lo\

> cvslockd -p 8999
>
>     LockServer=localhost:8999

Walk before you run - get it working on the default port then change it
once you are sure it is working.

> Yes, I do have a postcommand trigger.  It reads a temporary
> file created by
> the previous triggers and saves info. to a database.  It does this
> separately from the audit feature, because we (unfortunately)
> need the data
> saved to a SQL Server database (from a Solaris-hosted cvsnt).

Don't re-invent the wheel.  You can connect the Solaris server to SQL
Server using odbc and the CVSNT ODBC driver.  The only way to make the
audit failsafe is with a 3GL trigger like Audit uses.  I've no idea how
well that works but you are using the OPEN SOURCE version so you can fix
it yourself and submit the fixes back so the whole community benefits.
If you don't want to put any time/effort back into the community that
brought you the software, then buy it online and that pays for our
engineers to do it.

Regards,

Arthur Barrett