[cvsnt] XML error at line 0: Invalid expression

Pip.Chan pip.chan at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 15:03:12 GMT 2008

When I commit a newly created project in CVSNT server, an error occurs as
below, any idea?

***** CVS exited normally with code 1 *****

cvs -z9 commit -m "no message" -- test.txt (in directory C:\Projects\G
\src\)
XML error at line 0: Invalid expression

Unable to evaluate xpath expression 'file[cvs:filename(@name,
$name)]/editor[cvs:username(@name,$user)]'
cvs server: user 'user123' is not a valid editor of the file 'test.txt'
cvs [server aborted]: correct above errors first!

***** CVS exited normally with code 1 *****

cvs version

Client: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.5.04 (Zen) Build 2911
(Release Candidate 2) (client/server)
Server: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.5.04 (Zen) Build 2911
(Release Candidate 2) (client/server)

But if I delete the file /CVS/fileattr.xml from CVSNT Server's
respository, then the file can commit without problem.

Regards,
Phil