[cvsnt] RE : Script execution problem

Gagne, Michael michael.gagne at cgi.com
Wed Feb 6 22:07:42 GMT 2008

Thanks Arthur,

You were right, I added execution rights to the group of developpers to cscript.exe and the script worked.

Thank you very much

________________________________

De: cvsnt-bounces at cvsnt.org de la part de Arthur Barrett
Date: mer. 2008-02-06 14:44
À: cvsnt at cvsnt.org cvsnt downloads at march-hare.com @CVSNT on Twitter CVSNT on Facebook
Objet : Re: [cvsnt] Script execution problem

Michael,

> SYSTEM user has full right for my script (vbs) AND cmd.exe.
> "ALL cscript.exe C:/PATH/checkCommitMessage.vbs %s"

cscript.exe is not cmd.exe, ensure SYSTEM and the current user have access
to cscript.exe

Note: whilst the cvs.exe server process does run as SYSTEM it 'impersonates'
the client user - so both need access to the .exe that is running.

Also 'active scripting' plugin does not need to be enabled if you are simply
calling via commitinfo.  Active scripting allows you to write a much more
complex script, with pre-defined 'function' names that get called directly
from CVSNT server, I think there are examples in the newsgroup history a
couple of years ago, and I'm not going to go trawling for them myself...
Just disable the active scripting and give execute access to cscript.exe.

Regards,

Arthur