[cvsnt] Bug / problems with modules2 file

Eric B. ebenze at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 7 18:30:07 GMT 2008

Does anyone use the modules or modules2 file?

I am trying to use the modules2 file to connect several modules together so
I only need to check out one module, and get all modules required for a
particular project.

For instance, I have the following in my modules2 file:
[engine]
actions
commons
config
unittest

When I checkout module "engine" from CVS, everything works great.  I get a
directory struture as:
engine/actions
engine/commons
engine/config
engine/unittest

However, when I try to do a history on any file/module, I get the following
error:
cvs history
***** CVS exited normally with code 1 *****
cvs [server aborted]: History logging is not enabled on this repository

I checked my CVS/repository file and it is listed as:
engine/actions

I'm assuming that this is the root of the problem since the module is
actually located at /actions and not engine/actions.

Has anyone else run into this problem?  If so, is there some way around it?

Thanks,

Eric