[cvsnt] Help with CVSNT configuration.

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Sun Feb 10 19:42:38 GMT 2008

Gordon,

> machine). When I try to checkout the module to a sandbox, I
> always get a
> window popping up asking about sending an error report with:
>  cvslock.exe
> has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the
> inconvenience.  (several event log entries are made with each error)

What CVSROOT are you using - ie: when you do a checkout from TortoiseCVS
what is the 'protocol' etc you are using, eg:
   :local:C:\CVSRepository
   :sspi:mypc:/CVSRepository
   :pserver:user at mypc:/CVSRepository

Note: the :local: protocol should never under any circumstances be used
- it is only for CVS Developers.

If you do not already have CVSNT server running on your repository
server then you should install CVSNT Server and use the sspi or pserver
protocols.  I believe that TOrtoiseCVS 1.10 may already install the
server, but then disable the server in the services control panel.  Go
to Control Panels->Administrative Tools->Services and look for the CVSNT
Dispatch service and the CVSNT Lock service - they should both be
running and set for "automatic" start.

Regards,

Arthur