[cvsnt] Latest Updates - CVSNT 2.5.04 Build 2980 (RC5)

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Thu Feb 21 05:37:17 GMT 2008

CVSNT 2.5.04 (Zen) Build 2980 (RC5)

Fixes in this release:
------------------------
* 5158  Cannot checkout single file if it is renamed, cannot checkout to
stdout
* 5160  Unable to evaluate xpath expression
'file[cvs:filename(@name,$name)]/editor[cvs:username(@name,$user)]'
* 5162  Write proxy repo crashes on tag -F
* 5165  Proxy server should fire its own triggers
* 5166  Proxy server may want to use separate CVSROOT/passwd file
* 5167  Update makefiles / autoconf
* 5168  Server stats to be sent from client and --nostats option

Latest documentation:
-----------------------
http://www.cvsnt.org/manual_testing_2.5

--------------
I'm now building CVSNT off a repository mirror/proxy - so the multi-site
stuff is getting some real testing.  As usual there are great
opportunities to get involved and write some documentation for it.

This release tweaks how the server stats are sent.  I cannot stress
enough how critical getting these stats are for the project - we are not
storing IP addresses or any personal information.

Forward Plan:
--------------
I'm now working on problems with the Oracle driver and Audit (again) -
fixing the broken BLOB support for commit messages and diffs.

After that (which I expect to be finished with this week) I think 2.5.04
is all clear to go stable - so now is (just about) your last chance to
tell us that something doesn't work!  When we release the 'final' RC
with the Oracle fixes then I'll be working on some minor GUI stuff while
I wait for you all to complete testing and send in feedback, so
projected 2.5.04 stable is around March 3rd...

Regards,

Arthur