[cvsnt] Error when commiting files in CVSNT

Chris Cavallaro ccavallaro at varetire.org
Thu Feb 21 22:25:39 GMT 2008

Arthur,

Thanks for your replies.

I did look at triggers from CVSROOT.

The contents of all files in our CVSROOT are just comments except for
history, passwd, valtags and config (where we uncommented SystemAuth=yes).

It is defintiely odd behavior. It seems as though the repository is getting
into an corrupt state somehow.

Our workaround for this issue (which works fairly consistently) is:

1.) Create a new sandbox from the branch/tag of interest

2.) Make a trivial change (add or delete a blank line) at the beginning of
the file

3.) Commit that change... tada it works

4.) Make the actual change by copy/paste from the developers main sandbox
(these changes are also very small changes... developers are not allowed to
make major changes w/o permission)

5.) Commit that change... tada it works

It seems as though CVSNT is bombing somehow and putting the repository file
into a corrupt state. We can then view it,, tag it and view its history, we
just cannot commit it. If we can get a change to commit, it works again.
This happens sporadically on files throughout our repository (maybe 1 file
in 50).

Thanks,

Chris

"Arthur Barrett" <arthur.barrett at march-hare.com> wrote in message
news:mailman.248.1203629614.1277.cvsnt at cvsnt.org...
Chris,

> We have added no triggers of our own.
>
> The dll's in the triggers directory of CVSNT install (audit,

No I meant like CVSROOT/commitinfo

> So my guess is it is dying in the "info.dll" trigger.

This trigger runs the CVSROOT/???? Triggers - and the trace shows it is
crashing there.  Do a 'cvs checkout CVSROOT' and look at each of the
triggers.

There have been some odd reports of this happening but as far as I know
they do not relate to your example and were all fixed well before build
2382:
http://www.cvsnt.org/pipermail/cvsnt/2007-February/028257.html
http://www.cvsnt.org/pipermail/cvsnt/2006-March/024454.html

Regards,