[cvsnt] CVSNT on windows nt4 sp6a Help

JRC Hotmail josercepero at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 29 13:39:20 GMT 2008

I try to anwser and closed the discution.
Thankyou, we are smart people.

Cepero

*********************
You can try to copy files manually just to check if executables could be run
on NT4 at all.

Alex
*********************
Thank, but i don't thin that it's good idea, i need configured the service and copy files its'nt sufficent.

************************
> I installed on windows 2000 server and is all OK, but i need too instal on windows nt4 because in this machine are the file sharing and the repository must be on the local pc.

Not sure what you mean by that.  Thre repository resides on the server,
and each client has a working copy.  File sharing is not required and is
in fact strongly discouraged - you don't want people able to directly
access the repository.. only the server should do that.
************************
Ok, it is good and the file sharing is not correct. The file directory are now in sharing on windows nt server (PDC).  I installed  and tested cvsnt on windows server and try to porting to the machine (nt4) were the file are place. In 3 monts new strutture will be instaled, when i stop and attended for the new server for working with CVS.

**************************
Probably, but you would get old bugs too - and no fixes. I wouldn't store my
code on an old, no longer mantained OS, in an old version of CVS - unless I
am deliberately seeking for troubles <g>

If you can't upgrade to a more recent version of Windows, Linux can be an
alternative, but I do not know your needs for that machine. I wouldn't also
put the repository on a machine that users can access via shares (especially
on NT that has no quotas, moreover...), but again my needs are not yours.
Luigi D. Sandon

Ok, is it really, i need the modern s/o, nt4 is very old.
But, in "http://www.devguy.com/fp/cfgmgmt/cvs/cvs_admin_nt.htm#ACCESS"  is confirm the nt4sp6 support.
Machine Requirements
The CVSNT server can be installed on NT4 SP6 Server / Workstation, Windows 2000 Server / Professional, or Windows XP Home / Workstation. All CVS 1.10.8-supported client platforms can access the server, but see here.  Installation of newsgroups requires NT Server or Windows 2000 Server.  I have not tested Windows XP. "