[cvsnt] How to set the access for the Branch.

Gerhard Fiedler lists at connectionbrazil.com
Wed Jan 2 21:48:51 GMT 2008

Kamath, Sujeeth wrote:

> 6.	The entire user community is using the CVS server without any
> issue and everything is working fine.
> 7.	Recently we got a requirement to branch out from the Main
> trunk.As we had pahsewise delivery requirement where we need to deliver
> just a portion of our code while the regular development is taking place
> at main trunk
> 8.	Now the problem started. I created branch successfully for all
> the modules , but the trouble is users are getting permission denied
> error when they do a commit. If I add the user to the admin file then he
> gets the access to commit the file to branch, but this is not a ideal
> scenario.

It would be helpful to see the exact error output.

It would also be helpful to see the output of the cvs lsacl command for all
directories in a path, from the top level to the first one where the
problem occurs, plus the value of the AclMode entry in CVSROOT/config.
(Unluckily there is no other way to determine the permissions of a specific
location.)

Gerhard