[cvsnt] cvs.exe spin off

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Fri Jan 18 21:42:42 GMT 2008

Ivo,

> We use cvsnt v. 2.5.03 Build 2382 on win 2003 with pserver
> integrating the
> windows domain.

Try and switch to SSPI - it's more secure, does not require you use
'login when your windows password changes and is more reliable within
the 'windows ecosystem'.

> Sometimes a cvs.exe process starts to consum
> 100% cpu power
> and does not stop again.

I've never seen this - 2.5.03 is extremely stable.  Any idea on what
causes it (what command on the client)?  Are  you running all CVSNT
2.5.03 clients (eg: are you using any older clients or Eclipse)?  Are
you running auditing on the server?

The only way to diagnose is to find out what the runaway processes were
doing before they ran away...  You'll need to enable auditing, then when
the problem occurs go looking for that process in the sessionlog table,
that table will also give you the client version and command.

Once you have that info report back with the result plus the results of
running 'cvsdiag' on the server.

Regards,

Arthur Barrett