[cvsnt] CVS RTAG not working

Matthew Rich mbrich2000 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 22 19:21:24 GMT 2008

I needed to create a branch that I did not have checked out so I decided to use the rtag  command.

cvs -d<CVSROOT> rtag -b -r BRANCHNAME root

It sat there for a while the spewed out some directores saying it was tagging.  I wnr to check on some files i have check ed out and ran a history - no branch.  I tired with just a tag - same thing no tag.  What is going on?  Is rtag no longer supported?

Matt