[cvsnt] cvsnt server on Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Thu Jul 3 08:36:13 BST 2008

Bill,

OK - I've reproduced that here, and fixed it using the procedure outlined below:

The problem is xinetd is no longer shipped with Mac OS X 10.5 / Leopard. So cvsnt or anything else was still being started via xinetd needs to be changed to start with launchd (launchd was apparently introduced with Tiger aka Max OS 10.4, but it's the first I've heard of it).

You need to copy the file (com.march-hare.cvsnt.plist)  to the folder  /Library/LaunchDaemons/ using the shell/terminal.  Then reboot your computer and it should all just work again.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>