[cvsnt] Workspace manager could not find Application Loader?

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Wed Jun 4 20:36:47 BST 2008

Eric,

> CVSNT 2.5.04.3055 build:
> and copy it over to c:\cvstest, I get the err msg "Could not find
> Application Loader. Check your installation".

That's smartloader (SmartLoader.dll) - you apparently don't have the
dependencies like iconv, smartloader, msvcrt71 in that directory.

> EVS Client a1 b2882

The WMFree in there is quite old I think, and modified for use with EVS.

> Executing: C:\evstest\ENTERP~1\cvs.exe --utf8 -z3 -d
> :sspi:Bacchus:2401:/Repo rlsacl -d .
> audit_trigger error (session): Data too long for column
> 'Client' at row 1

See Bo's thread "Audit failure when using 3055 client against
2260server" - you need to increase the length of the "client" column in
SessionLog.

> Ideally, I'm trying to get the WM to work on its own so that
> we can use it
> without worrying about conflicts with the client version of
> cvs that is
> installed on our systems.

You don't need to worry about conflicts with the client version - each
client (in 2.5.04) will have its own WM, just like it has its own
cvsagent etc.

Regards,

Arthur