[cvsnt] CVS/UltraEdit

Gerhard Fiedler lists at connectionbrazil.com
Tue Jun 24 13:37:48 BST 2008

Arthur Barrett wrote:

>> Unfortunately, this path was not updated before the admin's departure
>> from the company.   I've done some research that leads me to think it's
>> a CVS preference under the tools tab.
>
> Again - if this is the TortoiseCVS application - you need to post to the
> TortoiseCVS newsgroup.  I think from memory that all text files open in
> notepad by default and the only way to easily change this would be to
> rename ultraedit.exe (or whatever) to notepad.exe, but I'd have to go
> back to the source code for the tcvs log screen to be sure.

I'm not really sure what this is about, but it sounds that if anything, the
'open' verb associated with the extension is controlling that; there is no
need in today's systems to rename anything to notepad.exe -- just change
the associated application. Most advanced editors can be configured to
"take over" associations; if not, there's always the Folders system control
panel. If it's about this, it isn't even a TortoiseCVS issue.

Gerhard