[cvsnt] Changelogs availability and updating from 2.0.58->2.5.x

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Fri Jun 27 01:50:17 BST 2008

Ben,

> No, changelogs like most other applications have when they
> move from version to version.  A list of what bugs have been
> squashed, what new  features have been added.  Those kinds
> of things.  So people know what to expect from the
> new release.

That's an excellent idea - I look forward to seeing your compilation of
the notes added to the wiki ;)

Seriously though - open source projects are here so that people can
contribute to tbe project by taking the existing documentation, sources,
test sets etc and expanding them.  For people who cannot contribute that
way we have an excellent set of 'commercial editions' that people can
purchase.

The cvsnt-commits newsgroup and the ChangeLog have the full list of each
commit.

> > The commercial side keep fairly extensive changelogs, but
> > the open source changelog is pretty much limited to what's
> > in the release notes.
>
> OK, then I guess I want the release notes.  I'm happy to
> trudge through all
> of them between 2.0.58 and 2.5.03 if you can point me at
> where they all are

When you install CVSNT on windows they are installed with it and a link
put in the CVSNT program group.  They are also in the repository so you
can check it out using:

 cvs -d ::cvs.cvsnt.org co -p -r CVSNT_2_5_03_2382 cvsnt/relnotes.rtf >
relnotes.rtf

You may also be interested in the ChangeLog:

 cvs -d ::cvs.cvsnt.org co -p -r CVSNT_2_5_03_2382 cvsnt/ChangeLog >
ChangeLog.txt

Regards,

Arthur