[cvsnt] CVSNT Installation / Set up issue with windows 2003 -

Suresh Mukundhan mukundhansuresh at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 10 05:07:57 GMT 2008

Hi,

I have the following questions related to CVSNT on
windows 2003 box..

Question 1: I have installed CVSNT 2.5.03 Build 2382
Server onto Windows 2003 SP1 server. This is the
server
installation (innosetup installtion). The developers
will access this CVS server using eclipse Editor (CVS
plug-in, pserver option). What are all the steps i
need to take so that the developers can start
accessing the CVS server? For example, setting the
cvsroot is the one time option or what is the
importance of this root option?

Question 2: This server has been installed with a my
user account which is in a domain called "DEVLAB". I
need to restrict the other users of this same domain
to access my CVS server but i am not sure of how to
enforce this. For example, a user "XXX" can log on to
his eclipse, use a CVS Plugin, use a pserver option
and access my CVS server (ofcourse if he knows my IP).
But i still want to enforce such a rule that only
those users that i provide access to can access my CVS
server. Is there a possibility? I am using "pserver"
plugin. I have no good documents to try other options
like sscpi or sserver or ssh etc. Please, Can some one
throw me some light on this issue?

Question 3) Also i could not run the Lock server on
the port 2402. The service gets stopped as soon as i
start the service? Is this a problem with the
firewall? Do i need to open this port?

Sorry to ask a bunch of questions. I am a brand new
user of CVS and this is my first time with
installation and set up. An early response would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Sudarsan Mukundhan