[cvsnt] Trouble remotely checking out files from the CVS server

Alexey Panchenko alex.panchenko at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 02:13:20 GMT 2008

Arthur,

No - you need to look into extnt.ini like I already suggested, it's a better
> more generic solution and has been discussed here before (that way an
> eclipse user can use sspi or ssh or pserver) and extnt.ini is a 'user
> modifiable' file wheras protocol_map.ini really isn't.

Eclipse already supports ssh & pserver - with built-in pure-java
implementation.
The only need to use extnt.ini is sspi protocol.

Why protocol_map.ini is not a user modifiable? What is it for?

> > CVSNT saves
> > passwords in registry with the "cvs login" command.
>
> No again.  The registry is ONLY used for storing pserver passwords which
> are insecure anyway.

Registry is used to save password when one issues "cvs login" command.
So, in my registry there are saved passwords for ssh and sspi.

Alex