[cvsnt] Problem committing file.

Gordon Boast gordon.boast at ieee.org
Sat May 3 15:50:49 BST 2008

Good morning,

I am using cvsnt version  2.5.03 (Scorpio) Build 2382 with TortoiseCVS
version 1.10.6. In February I switched from the :local: protocol to the
:sspi: protocol. This was done on recommendation on this mail list to solve
a problem I was having at the time....

Since making this change, I have noticed that when I check out a sandbox
(not done too often) some files in each directory are checked out as
read-only (shown with a locked icon). Such files cannot be changed and
committed unless I first clear the read-only property with windows explorer
)icon changes to normal check-mark). I have been working this way,
successfully, since February.

Today I have a situation were after making the above change to a file, I am
still unable to complete the commit. The following error message is posted:

        In C:\Documents and
Settings\TSi\Desktop\TradeStationIndicators\PackageELDs: "C:\Program
        Files\CVSNT\cvs.exe" commit -m "copy out from EXPORT folder"
TurnSignal_Complete(7.0).ELD
        CVSROOT=:sspi:gordodesk1:C:/CVSRepositories

        cvs server: user 'TSi' is not a valid editor of the file
'TurnSignal_Complete(7.0).ELD'
        cvs [server aborted]: correct above errors first!

        Error, CVS operation failed

Does anyone know how to correct this error?

Thanks in advance,

Gordo