[cvsnt] Problem branching, then error on commit in CVSNT

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Tue May 6 22:59:40 BST 2008

Andrew,

> I even tried not adding anything to the message in Notepad,
> just closing
> Notepad. After being prompted again, I pressed "c" to
> continue without a log
> message, and got:
>
> cvs server: nothing known about `-m'
> cvs server: nothing known about `--'
> etc.
>

> Am I losing my mind here????

That's really odd - the protocol is getting messed up.  But at this
point a 'different' result is better than the same thing we've seen over
and over already - helps point to something different being wrong.

Please create a client log and send it to support at march-hare.com:

set CVS_CLIENT_LOG=log123
cvs ci -m ""

After the commit you should find two files in the current directory
'log123.in' and 'log123.out' this is what I need to see.

Regards,

Arthur Barrett