[cvsnt] Export fails

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Wed May 7 08:33:51 BST 2008

David,

> I've recently integrated ScmBug with CVSNT (CVSNT 2.5.03 Build 2382 on
> XP Sp2) which installs a bunch of scripts that run at CVS Trigger
> points.

I recommend:
http://www.march-hare.com/cvsnt/features/bugzilla/en.asp

The next version (due for GM in the next few days) supports Mantis 1.1.1
and maybe another tracker as well.

> However cvs export now fails as follows:
>
> cvs export -r test Frst
> cvs export: Updating Frst
> cvs export: Updating Frst/Bin
> cvs export: Updating Frst/Bin/Build
> cvs export: Updating Frst/Bin/CruiseControl
> cvs [export aborted]: cannot open <CVS/Template file> for writing: No
> such file or directory
>
> I found that this bug was fixed in cvs 1.11.2 (see
> http://www.mail-archive.com/bug-cvs@gnu.org/msg02963.html ), and
> wondered if this fix has been propagated to CVSNT.

CVSNT 2.5.03 is MUCH newer than 1.11.2 and I haven't seen anyone else
report an export bug, so I suspect they are different (but similar
result).

You'll need to enable server side tracing in the advanced options on the
server control panel and then do your export with -ttt then look at the
trace for the relavent bits and post JUST THOSE BITS to the newsgroup
(anything too big and the newsgroup server will bounce your post).

cvs -ttt export -r test Frst

Regards,

Arthur