[cvsnt] Latest Updates - CVSNT 2.5.04 Build 3052 (RC6) and3055(RC7)

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Wed May 7 21:06:14 BST 2008

Gerhard,

> > 3. You can optionally create a CVSROOT script (postcommit,
> postcommand)
> > on the 'slave' to automatically fire off an rsync.
>
> Shouldn't that be on the master also (for multiple slaves)?

I found that I often wanted the slave scripts different to the master
server scripts.  If they are identical for your organisation then
certainly you can.

> In any case, it seems your script syncs the whole repo.
> Couldn't it just
> sync the directories (or even files) affected by the command?

I've already answered this - see my post yesterday, basically I haven't
found it necessary and my suggestion is to get the simple case set up
and working and optimise it IF you have a problem.

> If you are particularly worried and have a very large
> repository you can
> use the postcommit as well as postcommand and in the
> postcommit trigger
> use the 'module' to qualify the rsync.  This however also
> requires that
> you remove the stuff in rsync.sh that prevents two rsync's running
> simultaneously.

Regards,

Arthur Barrett