[cvsnt] Problem branching, then error on commit in CVSNT

Andrew Cushen andrew at cushen.com
Thu May 8 04:15:58 BST 2008

Arthur-

> Now modify each one (just add a comment or blank line) and commit a change
back to the branch

I just realized this is not feasible to do to *all* the files in the
project, as many are third-party controls, some are binary files such as
.GIFs, etc.

Perhaps I misunderstood and you only meant for me to change the "problem"
files? Or only meant for me to check out *and* change the "problem files?

Or should I just make the changes to the text source code files and ignore
the other files?

I realize I may be nit-picking here and worrying too much, but I want to
make sure I do the steps *exactly* the way you specified, so they work, or,
failing that, they fail in a way that tells us something...

Also, I just recalled what may have triggered the entire episode: I was
working in VS2005, using the PushOK plug-in to do something to all the files
- not sure exactly what, but probably branch-related - and the plug-in hung.
I left it to sit for an hour or two with no result, and at that point I had
to kill VS2005 from Task Manager. I don't recall if this was before or after
the very first error, but I'll bet killing Visual Studio 2005 while the
plug-in was hung, doing something with CVSNT, is what "scrambled" the files
to the degree they are now.

Thanks,

-Andrew Cushen