[cvsnt] CVS Checkout "-d ." Bug

Hytham Alihassan hytham.alihassan at emerson.com
Wed May 14 04:30:10 BST 2008

Hi Arthur,

Thanks for the quick response.  It would be preferable from a security
standpoint to use a lock server and cvs remote access protocols only, but we
would need to first resolve the bug that we are experiencing.

The older pserver is using CVS v1.10.7, but as I mentioned I don't know of
anyone who is currently using it.  I have used CVS clients up to v1.11.22
and CVSNT v2.5.03.2382.  My tests usually constitute connecting to the
pserver with these clients and also connecting through multiple build
servers using the "ssh" access method.  For testing CVSNT, I have only
tested it using the "ssh" access method thus far, with the repository nfs
mounted on the target machine.  The target machine has CVSNT installed, and
I have tried checking out code using both CVS and CVSNT.

We currently have many past and present projects that are utilizing this
modules method of checking out individual files to a current directory, and
at this point we would like to avoid having to change the structure of the
repository to accommodate for this bug.

BTW, the plan would be to replace the older pserver with CVSNT if I can
demonstrate that it resolves these issues.  I will send a formal request to
the support e-mail address tomorrow.  When is the anticipated release of CVS
Suite 2008?  Do you anticipate that this bug could be addressed by the final
release?

Thanks,
Hytham