[cvsnt] cvs import issue

Tilo Riemer triemer at vision-experts.com
Wed May 21 08:21:06 BST 2008

Rodrigo,

what happens if you use cvs 1.12 on the client side also?

Am 20.05.2008, 23:48 Uhr, schrieb Arthur Barrett
<arthur.barrett at march-hare.com>:

> Please upgrade your server to CVSNT 2.5.03 (you can use either the red
> hat RPM or you can compile from source).  CVS 1.12 is not a stable
> product.

Indeed cvs 1.12 is declared as a feature release. However I use different
combinations of cvs and cvsnt. Never (as far as I can remember) I had a
problem to perform operations using cvsnt as client and cvs 1.12 as server.

>> THE ERROR
>>      [cvs] cvs [import aborted]: received abort signal
>>       [cvs] cvs: import.c:635: process_import_file: Assertion
>> `entdata->options[0] == '-' && entdata->options[1] == 'k'' failed.
>
> This error is coming from the server - it has nothing to do with CVSNT.

>> MY CVSWRAPPERS FILE
>> *.avi   -k 'b' -m 'COPY'

Looking into the Cederquist maybe you should remove the -m 'COPY' stuff:
Wrappers refers to a cvs feature which lets you control certain settings
based on the name
of the file which is being operated on.  The settings are ?-k? for binary
files, and ?-m? for
nonmergeable text files.
The ?-m? option specifies the merge methodology that should be used when a
_non-binary_
file is updated...

Best regards,
Tilo Riemer