[cvsnt] Help needed in contacting AVG regarding false positives onWin32/Heur

Luigi D. Sandon cp at sandon.it
Fri May 30 08:46:50 BST 2008

>My own testing of the build and the build machine with our commercially
>licensed and supported scanners show no infection - so I am assuming
>that this is a false positive.

Was the user reporting the issue using some "aggressive" heuristic settings,
while you didn't? AFAIK when some heuristic are enabled the scanner may
check for some API calls that *may* be employed by a virus/trojan (i.e.
impersonification).

We occasionally had some reports from paranoid people who set every slider
to "max"...

--
Luigi D. Sandon