[cvsnt] CVS Server Side Reporting Tools?

Peter Crowther Peter.Crowther at melandra.com
Tue Nov 4 09:58:29 GMT 2008

> From: Fabio D'Alfonso
> With big projects needing (if I understood well) a working
> copy to generate reports is (in my opinion) somehow a workaround.

A CVSNT server can be compared to  a database engine.  I wouldn't expect someone to produce a suite of reporting tools that read Oracle data files directly and produced reports, I'd expect them to use SQL queries.  Similarly I wouldn't expect someone to produce a suite of reporting tools that read CVSNT files directly; I'd expect them to use a working copy.  Anything else may lead to differences between the reports and what everyone else sees, surely?

                - Peter