[cvsnt] CVSNT 2.5.04 build 3236 server really slow

jml at nykredit.dk jml at nykredit.dk
Thu Nov 6 09:31:05 GMT 2008

   Read the thread, and I'm now convinced that the problem is due to the
   signature verification process.
   As far as I can see, Mr. Andy Southby solved the problem this way:
   "I have finally fixed the problem.
   Both our primary and secondary DNS servers had been configured to use
   forwarders but no forwarders had been specified. I just checked the
   correct check box and CVSNT is now working as expected."
   How do I check if this is the case on our installation? And what if I
   can't persuade the network people to change the DNS servers? Can the
   signature verification be turned off?
   It doesn't seem to be a general DNS problem: I can ping and nslookup
   common domains and IP-adresses, including crl.verisign.com,
   google.com, etc. with no delay, but not IP-adresses in the 199.7-range
   which is used for the verification (it seems). Apparantly the
   signature verification does not fail - but it always takes about 90
   seconds.
   There has been no problems with earlier releases of CVSNT including
   2.5.03 build 2382 which I just reinstalled - it works perfectly fast
   and well.
   Regards
   Jørgen Møller Larsen

   "Arthur Barrett" <arthur.barrett at march-hare.com>

   05-11-2008 20:23

                                                                      Til

   <jml at nykredit.dk>, <cvsnt at cvsnt.org cvsnt downloads at march-hare.com @CVSNT on Twitter CVSNT on Facebook>

                                                                       cc

                                                                     Emne

   RE: [cvsnt] CVSNT 2.5.04 build 3236 server really slow

   Jørgen,
   >   Hi
   >   I've just installed CVSNT 2.5.04 build 3236, and I experience
   > servere performance problems with this. Any CVS command I
   > issue will take at least one and a half minute to complete -
   > even "cvs version",
   Read this thread all the way through to the end.  It contains
   instructions how to diagnose the problem and also the most common
   reason for the cause (DNS problems with verifying the signature on the
   EXE and DLLs):
   http://www.cvsnt.org/pipermail/cvsnt/2008-October/031355.html
   Do NOT disable the statistics - this has not effect on performance
   since it is sent asynchronosly from the lock server and we really
   really need those statistics.
   Regards,
   Arthur Barrett