[cvsnt] keywords admin file syntax?

Tony Hoyle tony.hoyle at march-hare.com
Thu Nov 6 12:48:49 GMT 2008

Andy Southby wrote:
> Arthur,
>
>>> When I add and commit files any ware within my 'ThirdParty'
>> module I
>>> wish the keywords to be ignored.
>> Just add them with -ko.
>
> I realise that would do the trick but I have configured the server to
> use the 'Ignore client-side force -k options' to try and achieve some
> consistency. The developers all use their own choice of clients some of
> which force these options and the defaults cannot be changed without
> user intervention which invariably is a bit hit or miss.
>
> This is my attempt to enforce server side control. But with the
> configuration setting I have made (above) the -ko option is
> understandably ignored. I did not really want to kick everyone off the
> server and change this option whenever ThirdParty code needs adding.
>
> The manual seemed to suggest that the keywords file was the way to go.
> Is this keywords file problematic or have I missed the point of its
> function?

It should work... the idea is to be able to import 3rd party sources and
keep their keywords as they are whilst using your own.

The module name it matches is the real directory name after translation
by the modules file so you might be matching on the wrong name.

I suspect ^ThirdParty$ will only match the ThirdParty directory and
nothing below it, and you might want to remove the $ off the end (looks
like a documentation error).

If that still fails look at the traces as it's reasonably verbose &
should tell you what's wrong.