[cvsnt] How do you properly install CVSNT on Windows Server 2008?

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Sat Nov 8 01:17:57 GMT 2008

Kristian,

> Unfortunately the server CVS must be installed
> upon is Windows Server 2008 (x64).

That is tested already with 2.5.04 and works fine.  Ensure you are using the latest 2.5.04 stable release.

> When specifying the user to run the server we
> are using a domain user 'cvsadmin'.

Do you absolutely need to do this?  This will probably cause countless hours of headaches to configure and I certainly wont be spending my day off to help you.

Just run the service as the default user and leave the default settings for the server configuration and it will work OK.

As soon as a user connects to the server the server process changes user id to the connected user (drops privileges) so it is not a security issue.

If you are having some other problem be sure to specify the complete version number of the server and client, eg: 2.5.04.3236

Regards,

Arthur Barrett