[cvsnt] Not able to checkout code from repository

Glen Starrett glen.starrett at march-hare.com
Thu Nov 13 13:49:51 GMT 2008

Gaurav Chhabra wrote:
> But I'm still confused. When the build was successfully running around three
> days back, I did not add these stuffs ('cvspass' and 'password') that I've
> mentioned above in the '*modified code'*. It was running perfectly fine. Few
> lines were added to the build file by another guy and it is quite possible

Is your build script under source control?  We recommend that it is,
just for this reason.

There could be a couple reasons for the needed change.  The password
isn't necessary if there's a .cvspass file (with the correct entry) in
the user's ~/.cvs directory, for example.  (That file is created when
you do a cvs login as that user.)

Regards,

--
Glen Starrett
Technical Account Manager, North America