[cvsnt] Possible Audit problem....

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Fri Nov 14 20:11:36 GMT 2008

On Sat, 15 Nov 2008 06:25:26 +1100, "Arthur Barrett"
<arthur.barrett at march-hare.com> wrote:

>Bo,
>
>> The Sessionlog.Client column is defines as varchar(64)
>>

>From memory audit truncates the string on insert - but I'll add it to my
>list of things to check.
>
>Regards,
>

>Arthur

I had a look at my test server now and found that the audit was
switched off....
So I enabled audit and tried to graph a file from WinCvs.
I received the following error:

cvs log: Statistics are not enabled on the server, the client must
therefore send them,
cvs log:  no information which can identify an individual user is
sent.
audit_trigger error: database is version 2 but need version 3.
cvs [log aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if
any)

OK so I update the database and tried again:

cvs log -- AAAFile.txt (in directory
F:\Engineering\Projects\Bosse\ModuleXX\)
audit_trigger error (session): [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server
Driver]Associated statement is not prepared

Now I suspected the column width problem so I ran this command against
the database:

ALTER TABLE CVSNT.Sessionlog ALTER COLUMN Client nvarchar(128)

This increased the width to 128 (and also changed the column to accept
unicode chars)

A new test to graph finally gave me the expected graph in WinCvs.
When I looked in the database I found this in the Client column:

"CVSNT 2.5.04 (Zen) Build 3055 (Release Candidate 7) (cvsgui active)"

This counts to 67 chars, 3 more than would fit in the original
schema...

But I also received a message like this:

audit_trigger error (session end):

What does this mean?

My test system is:
Client: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.5.04 (Zen) Build 3055
(Release Candidate 7) (client/server)
Server: Concurrent Versions System (CVSNT) 2.5.04 (Zen) Build 3055
(Release Candidate 7) (client/server)

Probably a bit old (2006-ish)....
Should probably upgrade..

But the database script still makes the Client column too small
according to the latest sql scripts.

(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)