[cvsnt] Fw: Users unable to add or commit

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Wed Oct 8 10:35:19 BST 2008

Paul,

> We are running 2.5.03 (Scorpio) Build 2382 on RHLinux 2.6.9-42.ELsmp.
> Users authenticate to active directory through samba and winbind.  A
> typical CVSROOT is :sspi:cafp1:/usr/local/cvs/caf
.
.
.
> cvs server: User 's210554' cannot create
> /usr/local/cvs/caf/suites/AEP.COG.FUEL.FELPM/database/Anonymous on
> tag/branch bd-FELPM-3-1-1
> cvs [server aborted]: Prohibited from access by your personal
> cvsnt access
> level. You require heightened access to perform this action.

If that is what you tell CVSNT to tell the user then CVSNT will tell the
user that ;)

Someone has set an ACL and set "Prohibited from access by your
personal..." as the message when the ACL is triggered, to view the ACL
use a command like this:

cvs -d :sspi:cafp1:/usr/local/cvs/caf rlsacl
suites/AEP.COG.FUEL.FELPM/database/Anonymous

The ACL could be on any directory and you will need to 'rlsacl' each
directory to find the one with the ACL, ie:
cvs -d :sspi:cafp1:/usr/local/cvs/caf rlsacl
suites/AEP.COG.FUEL.FELPM/database/Anonymous
cvs -d :sspi:cafp1:/usr/local/cvs/caf rlsacl
suites/AEP.COG.FUEL.FELPM/database
cvs -d :sspi:cafp1:/usr/local/cvs/caf rlsacl suites/AEP.COG.FUEL.FELPM
cvs -d :sspi:cafp1:/usr/local/cvs/caf rlsacl suites
cvs -d :sspi:cafp1:/usr/local/cvs/caf rlsacl .

Regards,

Arthur Barrett