[cvsnt] CVSEDITOR Specified Editor Fails to Launch

Eric Stegemoller estegemoller at idmcomp.com
Mon Oct 20 15:45:54 BST 2008

Hi,

When I set the CVSEDITOR environment variable to my message editor
(lmeditor) and perform a commit, the editor does not open. I do not seem
any error messages stating it is unable to open the lmeditor. If I do
not set the CVSEDITOR environement variable it will open the default
editor specified by the EDITOR environment variable. It seems to me that
it is seeing CVSEDITOR is set and that it exists but is failing to open
the editor for some reason.  This problem started when I upgraded to
cvsnt 2.5.03.

Thanks,
Eric