[cvsnt] how to disable line ending translations?

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Thu Oct 23 10:42:35 BST 2008

Arkadiusz,

> In short: we keep spec + patches but fetch tarballs from
> remote locations like
> http://www.cvsnt.org/archive/%{name}-%{version}.tar.gz
>
> Now what if source code files in cvsnt-*.tar.gz had crlf line
> endings? Our
> patches for cvsnt would need crlf endings - otherwise
> applying patch would
> fail.

Well tar.gz would imply linux line endings (whereas zip would imply DOS
line endings) - but I seee your problem - there is no 'standard' and you
have (potentially) thousands of 'vendors'.  What a mess.

> > Documentation:
> > http://www.cvsnt.org/manual/html/Substitution-modes.html
>
> Uhm, no "keep line endings untouched" mode. Seems impossible
> to get this
> behaviour currently.

Yes there is it's "-kb", I wrote that in a later message but maybe you
thought it was a duplicate since it was mostly a cut&paste, I just
changed -kD to -kb.

Regards,

Arthur