[cvsnt] 2.5.04.3125 (RC8) Very slow to start processing!

Andy Southby asouthby at drumgrange.co.uk
Fri Oct 31 06:24:33 GMT 2008

Arthur,

I tried as you suggested and got the following:

Command Prompt 1:
C:\Documents and Settings\ASouthby>"c:\Program Files\CVSNT\cvslock.exe"
-test
CVSLock 2.5.04 (Zen) Build 3229 (RC 9) (Oct 28 2008) starting in test
mode.
Initialising socket...
Starting lock server on port 2402/tcp...
Using mini mdns Responder
Starting thread 000001d4
Lock Client #1(localhost) opened
Publishing mdns records for rhea._cvspserver._tcp
No valid ipv6 address found for host

Command Prompt 2:
C:\Documents and Settings\ASouthby>telnet localhost 2402

CVSLock 2.2 Ready

> Have you ensured that in the control panel autoconf publishing
> is off and the 'lock server listens locally' is set on?
'lock server listens locally' Defiantly set on.

However I cant find the 'autoconf publishing' option! Do you mean the
'zeroconfig' option to 'none'?

I will try WireShark to see what is happening on the network.

Regards,
Andy.