No subject

Thu Oct 16 12:09:33 BST 2008

However even with the $ removed it still doesn't work but I may have
discovered why. (Unfortunately my understanding of regular expressions
is almost non existent. Soooo... complicated. They give me a head ache.)

I have switched on output to a log file in the registry and played a
hunch with the following settings.

Repository:
C:\CVSNTRepos\Main\ThirdParty (Main=3DRepository, ThirdParty=3DModule)

keywords file:
All
   Author %a

^ThirdParty
   Author   %C

^DefaultWrappers
   Author   %C

When adding and subsequently commit a file called 'DefaultWrappers9.txt'
containing $Author$ in the 'ThirdParty' module/directory I obtained the
results I required. However looking at the trace [snip below] it appears
(unless I am reading it wrong) that it was the *filename* not the module
name that caused it to work.

I have subsequently tried more directory levels below the module and
find that they are all stripped prior to being passed for keywords
parsing.

Am I right? Surely this must be incorrect as I don't think specifying
all the files by name would be very convenient. :)

Thanks for your help,
Andy.

[snip]...
15:33:58: S -> default_trigger:
parse_keywords(CVSROOT/keywords,DefaultWrappers9.txt,v)
15:33:58: S -> Regexp match: ALL - DefaultWrappers9.txt,v
15:33:58: S -> ALL section found
15:33:58: S -> Regexp match: ^ThirdParty - DefaultWrappers9.txt,v
15:33:58: S -> Regexp match: ^DefaultWrappers - DefaultWrappers9.txt,v
15:33:58: S -> Match found!
15:33:58: S -> run keywords trigger
15:33:58: S -> run_trigger()