[cvsnt] Checkout Multiple TAG's - solved

Jandir Bezerra jandirbezerra at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 19:19:21 BST 2008

To Glen Starrett and Arthur Barrett,
When I signed for this mailing list I didn't know that only
super-hiper-mega experts could make their questions... but that's ok.
When I asked If it was possible to check-out multiple Tag's at once, I
was acctualy expecting for an answer as simple as my question was, but
not so simple like "Yes". Like you(Arthur) wrote. But that is also ok.

But then Mr.Funny Guy (Starrett) woke up in a good mood an decided to
make things even more confused. After all this is a list to help
people like me and hundred of other people to solve their problems,
not to make joke.

To everyone,
Well... back to the question... I solved my problem in another way.
I wrote a program in VB.Net which search for all tags applied in
objects from a specific folder and put it all in a list. Then you
select one or more from this list, choose a destination folder, and
then all the objects, which were taged by those that you selected, are
automatically brought to this destination folder.

If anyone ever have this same problem and want to take a look to this
program a wrote, please let me know. I can send the source code right
away.

Hug to everyone (including you guys Glen and Arthur)
Jandir Bezerra

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 11:20 PM, Glen Starrett
<glen.starrett at march-hare.com> wrote:
> Arthur Barrett wrote:
>> I can think of at least 10 different ways to interpret the question
>> "check-out multiple Tag's at once".
>
> Is this close to what you came up with?
>
> 1) To make Arthur crazy.
>
> 2) Branches used for flow control in new "shadetree" language.
>
> 3) Diagonal slices across time to *really* test the code.
>
> 4) Extending the idea of 'potluck' into IT.
>
> 5) The Old McDonald compiler calls for here a tag, there a tag,
> everywhere a tag tag.
>
> 6) Security.  Can't explain further without hair and DNA samples.
>
> 7) Lawsuit protection -- if the lawyers can't check it out, they can't
> run a Silhouette scan.
>
> 8) Head schmead
>
> 9) Put the fun in function!
>
> 10) Cowboy Neil designed our CM process
>

> ... I must need a vacation ...
>
> Oh, wait, I'm off next week!  Yay!
>
> --
> Glen Starrett
> Technical Account Manager, North America
> March Hare Software, LLC