[cvsnt] Checkout Multiple TAG's - solved

Luigi D. Sandon cp at sandon.it
Tue Sep 16 08:56:15 BST 2008

> It brings the last revision.

If two tags are on different branches, which is the "last revision"? Which
one should be checked out? And if two tags are on the same branch, the last
revision is simply that pointed to by the last tag, it will overwrite any
other release already checked out - no need to checkout more than one.
Unless you're tagging *each* file with different tags - if so, IMHO it just
brings to an unmanageable repository soon or later. There could be better
ways to handle such situations (i.e. changesets).

> I wrote this small code to bring only tags ordered alphabetically.

But in what order do you process selected tags? It is relevant.

> No. How I would know it? I'm new to CVS, I'm learning it yet.

And a lot of people here are here to help you - just they may need more
information than those supplied in the first question.

> Yeees I sure did! Our case was very simple. All we want was to bring a
> group of file(...30 maybe...) which were taged by two diferent tags.
> That's all.

That's a simple case. Something that could be dealt with by hand. If cvsnt
implemented a "multi tag checkout feature", it should work in any scenario,
not just a given one.

> Sorry if I made my question seems complex. It wasn't actually.

Ok, don't worry. Just understand people help here for free, and they use
some of their own time to do it. Helping them to answer without trying to
guess what someone means or needs is always appreciated :-)

--
Luigi D. Sandon