[cvsnt] How to configure for email notification

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Tue Sep 23 08:25:17 BST 2008

Sunrita,

> If we use the default CVS mailing, what should be the
> configuration for loginfo for WINDOWS system? I saw the email
> notification link which talks about UNIX configuration. Also
> for default will the email trigger supplied with CVSNT be called?

Those instructions are for windows or unix:
http://www.cvsnt.org/manual/html/Email-notification.html

The CVSNT mailer does not require any changes to loginfo.

The whole 2.5 series of CVSNT releases has a 3GL interface to the server
triggers (like loginfo).  We wrote audit and e-mail triggers as
'examples' of what could be done using them - it's a lot more powerful
than the script triggers and also does not require users to install
large packages like python or perl on their servers with the inherant
security risks.

I was also hoping that these 'simple' triggers would find a ready
audience of programmers willing to expand them and contribute the
improvements since it's a lot more 'accessible' than the CVSNT base code
- but unfortunately that has not happened.

Regards,

Arthur Barrett