[cvsnt] Removing a file from an existing tag

Peter Crowther Peter.Crowther at melandra.com
Thu Apr 2 11:28:36 BST 2009

> From: nitesh bansal
> As a
> result of it, binary files are gone from my next sandboxes,
> is there a way
> to remove them from my old sandboxes.If i directly access the CVS
> Repository and remove them from there, how will it affect my
> system.

If you remove the ,v files from the repository, it will be as if the files never existed in the repository.  You should simply be able to delete them from the old sandboxes, too.  I've done this a couple of times on our CVSNT installation, with no obvious problems.

Obviously, if you're going to do this, take a backup of the repository first... just in case :-).

                - Peter