[cvsnt] Support the CVSNT/EVS project

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Mon Apr 6 04:33:08 BST 2009

In October 2008 I wrote a blatant and unashamed sales pitch for people to support CVSNT by helping to pay programmer wages.

If only 1% of people downloading CVSNT from our own web site in 1 year bought 1 copy of CVS Suite we could quadruple our staff and provide much more innovation.

Thank you to those who acted on my previous request however we are still short of our goal, so it's time for a reminder.

If you earn a wage and as a part of your wage earning activity you use CVSNT: please alert your management to the benefits that using CVSNT has brought you and advise them to support the project by purchasing CVS Suite (CVSNT) for £85 / €96 / $121, or CM Suite (EVS) with support for SVN and CVS clients for  £255 / €289 / $362 - annual support and software maintenance is also available.
http://march-hare.com/cvsnt/en.asp

Since July 2004 Tony been on a wage from March Hare Software, and since September 2006 has been developing EVS (previously CVSNT 2.6 then CVSNT 3.1).  March Hare Software are the ONLY organisation that financially supports the CVSNT project and pays Tony's wage - other commercial 'CVSNT clients' do not financially support the project.  CVSNT 2.0.51, 2.0.58, 2.5.01, 2.5.02, 2.5.03, 2.5.04 (Multi-Site) and EVS 3.1.01 were all produced as a result of this financial support.

Much other software you have to pay for well before you learn the limitations/problems; with CVSNT of course it's the other way around - but if people do not support the projects that produce the software they then rely on to do paid work then in future there will less choice and much less innovation.

We are unwilling to take 'donations' due to the many differing legal and natural definitions for this in each country around the world - by purchasing one of our products we can continue to invest in development of Open Source Software.

Here is what some other people wrote on this newsgroup last year about the value of purchasing CVS Suite:

Jan Keirse; Mon Nov 10 2008
"I would like to confirm this to everyone listening who hasn't bought the
product yet. I learned most of the things I know about CVS before I got
the eBook and it took me ages. I can confirm that the eBook alone is worth
the license fee, even without support it would. It saves numerous hours in
finding out how everything works and how things can or should be done. The
online manual is nothing compared to this!
And I'm not getting paid to say this ;-)"

Andy Southby; Mon Nov 10 2008
"The ebook is invaluable and have to admit that I bought a personal copy
of the last release just to get the ebook. I'm not getting paid to say
this either but a free copy of the 2008 version would be nice ;-)"

Since my last promotional e-mail we have added the ability to purchase annual support at different levels (self-support, bronze, silver, gold and platinum) on a per-person basis.

You can e-mail sales questions to sales at march-hare.com or call our sales team (numbers on the web site) or buy online:
http://store.march-hare.com/

Your support of the project in the many ways that you do is always appreciated.

Regards,

Arthur Barrett
Product Manager