[cvsnt] reg: login error

Shivendra_Vishal Shivendra_Vishal at satyam.com
Tue Apr 21 07:44:26 BST 2009

I tried just setting cvsroot(with sspi protocol) and executing a checkout operation without login however CVS gave error " cvs [checkout aborted]: Error reading from server cscsbilifecvs: -1: Unknown err". As soon as I logged in and again tried the checkout operation the error vanished. However once logged in after that even if I closed my command prompt then also CVS gave no error and the checkout operation was completed successfully. So probably once login is needed when you start your session for getting connected to server and thereafter its not required. Any comments?

Best Regards,
Vishal