[cvsnt] Error reading from server xx.xx.xx.xxx: 0: No such file ordirectory

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Wed Apr 22 10:50:29 BST 2009

Gaurav,

> can you please tell me whether the following is correct?
>
>    server_args = -f --allow-root=/usr/local/cvsrep authserver

No it is incorrect.  The server_args should be just as in this example:
http://web.archive.org/web/20080213041444/http://www.cvsnt.org/wiki/Inst
allationLinux

> cvs [login aborted]: authorization failed: server 10.5.68.161 rejected
access to /usr/local/cvsrep/ for user cvs

That is a different error to the subject of this thread.

The error "authorization failed" usually means that you are not
authorized, common causes are:
* wrong passord
* incorrect SystemAuth setting in /usr/local/cvsrep/CVSROOT/config
* problem with /usr/local/cvsrep/CVSROOT/passwd

Instead of all bother with pserver (which is not recommended anyway)
just try ssh:

    cvs -d :ssh:myuser at 10.5.68.161:/usr/local/cvsrep/ rls

Where 'myuser' is a REAL login to 10.5.68.161 (ie: one that can be used
with ssh).

Regards,

Arthur