[cvsnt] Betr.: Error in commiting changes on a code checked out corresponding to a TAG

Jan Keirse jan.keirse at tvh.be
Thu Apr 23 08:55:31 BST 2009

Hello,

You can't commit on a tag, you have to create a branch if you want to make
changes to it. Google gives a ton of answers about this, for example:
http://www.mail-archive.com/info-cvs@nongnu.org/msg05751.html

Kind Regards,

JAN KEIRSE
ICT-DEPARTMENT
Software quality & Systems: Software Engineer

nitesh bansal <nitesh.bansal at gmail.com>
Verzonden door: cvsnt-bounces at cvsnt.org
23/04/2009 09:41

Aan
"cvsnt at cvsnt.org cvsnt downloads at march-hare.com @CVSNT on Twitter CVSNT on Facebook" <cvsnt at cvsnt.org>
Cc

Onderwerp
[cvsnt] Error in commiting changes on a code checked out corresponding to
a TAG

Hi Experts,
I am using CVS for my source code management.I have applied  tags
corresponding to the every change in the code.I am trying to check out the
code corresponding to a tag and make changes to it.When i try to commit
the
changes, it is saying that sticky tag is not a branch.Please suggest,do i
need to convert the tag into branch,if yes, how can i do it.

BR,

Nitesh Bansal