[cvsnt] Removing a file from CVS

nitesh bansal nitesh.bansal at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 10:48:15 BST 2009

HI Experts,
I have a project maintained in CVS, when i started working on it, i  checked
in the binary files plus the source code to CVS.I want to remove the binary
files from the CVS.I am using cvs remove command for this purpose followed
by a  cvs commit.It has removed the file from the future commits.But when i
check out the code corresponding to the old tags, these binary files are
still present.And when i checked on the CVS SERVER, i found out that a new
folder Attic was created on the CVS server where the deleted files were
moved.Please suggest something about this directory.

With Warm Regards,

Nitesh Bansal

Software Engineer, India