[cvsnt] CVSNT 2.5.04 build 3236 slow on Windows 2008 Server

Arthur Barrett arthur.barrett at march-hare.com
Mon Apr 27 11:04:43 BST 2009

Mika,

Can you try the latest 2.5.05 testing server?  I think (hope) there is a little more logging in the client protocol stuff...  You could also try tracing verbose (-tttt) to see if you get any more.   The commercial version has a LOT more debugging, and I'm a little too used to that...

The connect function does this:
1) load each protocol DLL in turn
2) test to see if the connection header matches that protocol
3) if it does match try and authenticate
4) perform protocol specific actions
5) if authentication successful then continue

So you could try:
1) disable all protocols that are not being used (on the server)
2) disable virus scanning of the cvsnt installation directory
3) disable 'reverse dns' (it's actually got a different name, maybe 'resolve client names' but means something like that - in the cvsnt control panel, advanced tab on the server)

Regards,

Arthur