[cvsnt] CVSNT Auditing continued

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at telia.com
Tue Apr 28 22:58:19 BST 2009

On Wed, 29 Apr 2009 06:07:52 +1000, "Arthur Barrett"
<arthur.barrett at march-hare.com> wrote:

>Bo,
>

>> What is your script SQL for updating an MSSQLServer database?
>> I mean the text of the update script, so I can see what may be
>> possible to do?
>
>In your install directory, in the sub-directory sql, the file
>upgrade_1_mssql.sql. There appears to be a bug in the MSSQL script where
>it does not rename the Date column to StartTime.

Well, now that you mention it my database is sort of screwed up and I
never understood why until now...
Here is the script you refernce:

-- Mssql upgrade to v2

Create Table %PREFIX%SchemaVersion (Version Integer);
Insert Into %PREFIX%SchemaVersion (Version) Values (2);
Alter Table %PREFIX%SessionLog Add Column EndTime DateTime;
EXEC sp_rename '%PREFIX%SessionLog.Date', 'StartTime', 'COLUMN'

This %PREFIX% stuff is presumably replaced by CVSNT with something,
which in my case turns out to be "CVSNT."
The result is that new tables are created in the databse with similar
but different names. I now have duplicates in the database:

dbo.CommitLog  AND CVSNT.CommitLog
dbo.HistoryLog AND CVSNT.HistoryLog
                   CVSNT.SchemaVersion
dbo.SessionLog AND CVSNT.SessionLog
dbo.TagLog     AND CVSNT.TagLog

The column names are different between the tables too, for instance in
SessionLog I have Date (dbo) and StartTime (CVSNT)

There are various other differences as well....

How did this happen?
There is now data spread over two sets of tables, not the best
approach.
But in the new table the Date column has been replaced by StartTime.

(Bo Berglund, developer in Sweden)